Tuesday, September 11, 2018

#2090 never forget



image credit
17 years have passed since those planes crashed into the Pentagon, into that field in Pennsylvania and into the towers of the World Trade Center. I'm sure everyone remembers what they were doing as they watched this world-changing news happen right in front of them. It was scary and unheard of and it did change the way we live. It changed how we travel. It changed how we think about people and countries and religion. It seemed to change how we treated each other, at least for a little while. It seemed like people were nicer to each other, at least that's what I remember.

I took a few moments today to think about 9/11/01. I thought about how I felt about what was happening that morning. I thought about how things have changed since then. I thought about the days immediately following the 11th and what it was like to not see airplanes in the sky and how I felt a little scared when I did see a plane flying into Salt Lake International Airport. I thought about the ensuing war and how it continues even though it has changed in many ways. Mostly I thought about the people who died that day; the regular people who went to work and didn't get to come home.I thought about the stories we have heard and movies we have seen that tell about 9/11/01 and it's aftermath.

Maybe you took a few minutes to reflect on the date also. Maybe you didn't and that's okay with me.

Take care of yourselves. Be kind.

Peace.


No comments: