Sunday, September 9, 2018

#2089 weekend wrap-up

Another weekend is over. They go by so quickly!

Friday night we didn't do much. I went to the gym and walked in circles, then picked up some chicken and rice for dinner. If I remember right, we went to bed pretty early, because, you know, Friday. I'm all tuckered out by Friday night.

I got up early (6:15) on Saturday morning and hit the gym. I took a spinning class. It was kind of strange. At first there was just me and an older gentleman. He had no interest in participating in the actual spin class. He just wanted to pedal at his pace, chat with the instructor and read the paper. Typically the instructor will ride too, but she forgot her cycling shoes, so she stood in front of me and told me to speed up, slow down, stand up, sit down, etc. Another lady did come in about ten minutes into the class and then the instructor walked between the two of us, stopping to chat with the man occasionally. I've been going to a lot of Zumba classes and hadn't been spinning as much. I'd almost forgotten how fun spinning is plus it's a great workout.

After class I came home to shower, then I went to WW. I had a substantial gain of a couple of pounds. I ate with abandon last week, so I wasn't surprised, but I was disappointed in myself. It's the yo-yo thing I've got going on with myself lately. It's a new week and a fresh start and I'll do better.

Before garden time I got a quick haircut - just a trim really. I'm letting it grow but it needed a little cutting of the ends. The trim isn't noticeable to anyone but me :)

The garden was pretty busy on Saturday. The LEGO display is only here for one more week, so maybe locals were bringing in their kids to check it out. Usually we get a tour bus around 2:30 and yesterday was no exception. There were about 30 people or so that came into the garden and 21 of them wanted to ride the complimentary tram. The tram only holds seven people and takes about 20 minutes. The last tram is at 3:00. I was expecting one of the trams back around 2:30 and the other around 2:40. I explained the logistics to the group and was surprised when some of the people (men) got cranky at me about it. I know the tour bus guide explains all of that to the people on the tour when they get there, so I didn't expect the low-key hostility I was getting from a couple of the men. Eventually I got everyone who wanted a ride on the trams and everything seemed to work out all right. It was a little more drama than I usually get on a Saturday afternoon.



The Utes played on Saturday night at Northern Illinois. It was not a beautiful, well-played game, but the Utes did prevail. The ugly play has me worried about how they will stack up against PAC-12 opponents, starting with Washington next week. Why do I get so involved in this game?




Today I have been puttering around. I did some chores, then I'd read, then do something else, then read or watch TV. I even took a little nap and I finished a book.

MT has been resting. He's been doing a lot of sleeping. I think the pain meds had something to do with that, which is good. Today he ventured out of the house for the first time to go get pancakes at Black Bear Diner. He is moving around better. He even carried a light load of laundry downstairs and brought in a couple of bags of groceries. He says he will work half a day tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

T went to a couple of concerts this weekend: an EDM show on Friday night and the J. Cole concert on Saturday night. T feels sad about Mac Miller and told me that he thought this year has been pretty crappy overall because of rehab and his car getting totaled and the deaths of his grandpa, a friend and his musical idol. I pointed out some things that were good, like that T's health both physically and mentally are better, that he's got a newer, nicer car, that he's been to a lot of shows this year since he got home and that things in general are going pretty well for him. I don't know if he totally bought in, but he did agree with everything I said.

I hope everyone had a nice, relaxing weekend!

No comments: