Saturday, November 17, 2018

#2127 Saturday with Sandy

My goodness I like Saturdays! I allow myself to chill and rest and do as I please, for the most part.

I woke up early, around 5:30, and let Osi out, then we both returned to bed. I looked at my phone for awhile, then fell back to sleep until my alarm woke me up around 9. I got ready and headed to WW.

Last week was a bit of a challenge. Four out of the five days, there was food at work. On Monday we had a BBQ. On Wednesday I had a lunch meeting. Thursday we had breakfast during our safety meeting and I had lunch meeting that day as well. On Friday, one of the other departments made everyone breakfast burritos. Now it is true that I don't have to have any of those meals. I can bring in my own food, but I don't. I do make an effort to find out what is being served so that I can plan my WW points. I try to balance my other meals so I can enjoy eating with my friends and co-workers and not go overboard on my points budget. The gain certainly could have been much bigger.

This week will be challenging as well because of the holiday centered completely around food that is coming on Thursday. We spent a considerable amount of time during our WW workshop today talking about handling Thanksgiving meal points. The struggle is real!

After WW, I dropped some stuff off at the Deseret Industries. If you don't know what the DI is, it's like Goodwill. People drop off clothing and household items that are then cleaned up and refurbished and sold at reduced prices. I like to take stuff there because it's very convenient because it's so close to my home. I feel good about it. I hope that the things we donate will bring other people some pleasure and joy.

 Utah football had an early kick-off today at 11:30 am. I picked up some Chick-fil-A for myself and the boys, then I settled down to watch the game. The Utes were playing at Colorado and it was snowy there! There was snow on the field and there were snow flurries through the first half. The teams were tied at 7-7 at halftime, then the Utes proceeded to kick some ass in the second half and won easily, 30-7.

Right now I am watching the Arizona State/Oregon game. If Oregon wins, Utah will be the PAC-12 South champions. I've never rooted so hard for Oregon to win. Right now it's halftime and Oregon is ahead. If ASU comes back to win, Utah's hope for the title isn't over. If ASU loses to Arizona next week, Utah wins. Basically it's all up to ASU. Lose, Sun Devils, lose!

No, it doesn't have any impact on my life other than it would please me for Utah to be the PAC-12 South champs and have a chance to play for the first time in the PAC-12 Championship.

During the football game, I read. I had three books in a pile and I read from each of them (at separate times, of course). The thing I like about sports is that I enjoy watching them because I like the action and the human drama. I also like them because there is downtime and I can read. When I'm watching a movie or a TV show, I can't read because I am paying attention to the story on the screen. With sports, I can hear what's going on and I'll watch when I hear the announcer's voice get excited or ominous. Best of both worlds.

The rest of the afternoon, I continued reading. I looked through my new guidebook of Charleston and Savannah. I'm excited to go to Savannah with Mom and Lizzie next month. I had a couple of guidebooks for Savannah but I can't find them now, so I had to get new, different ones. Lizzie and I were there in May of 2017, so I still have memories of places we went, and there are places I'd like to visit again and several places we didn't get to last year that I would like to see this year. I'm really excited to be there with Mom. Savannah is such an enchanting town; I hope that she will love it, too.

I actually cooked tonight. I don't usually cook on Saturday, but I had a pasta dish marked on Pinterest that I had purchased the ingredients for. I don't think the sauce came out very well, but you can't really go wrong with pasta, chicken and smoked sausage. It was good. There's plenty left to get us through a couple of days this week, too.

That's pretty much all I've got for tonight. I know it's not very exciting, but it's a good life.


No comments: