Sunday, May 5, 2019

#2198 weekend wrap-up

I'm not even going to say how fast the weekend went by, because that's just a given.

Saturday started out with WW at 10 AM. I had a good loss this week. I was in that magical nexus where my food intake went as planned and I was getting regular exercise. I didn't snack too much or overeat. Everything was good. You would think it would be easy to duplicate that effort week after week, but it's not. Some weeks are just magical and right and last week was one of those. I liked it.

In the afternoon I had my first shift of the season in the courtyard at Red Butte Garden.  I didn't have a tram driver with me, so I just hung out and chatted with a few people and read a book. There were only two groups that asked about the tram and though they seemed kinda bummed out that it wasn't available, I don't think it ruined their day or caused them to think the Garden was lame. There were lots of people coming in with picnic baskets. It was a beautiful spring day, about 74 degrees, bright blue sky and not much wind. Perfect for a picnic in the park. Throughout the two hours I was there, the tables in the courtyard were full of people. Fun!

When I got home MT was still working. He doesn't usually work on weekends, but he had a special project that came up to put a floor in a house, so he had to go do that. When he got home we went out for dinner to one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants, Copper Creek Pub. I had fish and chips, the first time I have had them there. The fish they use is salmon, which is different. It tasted good. I'd have it again.

That night I had to watch a Star Wars movie because it was May the Fourth after all (you know...May the Fourth by with you). We watched The Last Jedi and we both fell asleep at the very end when Luke fights Kylo Ren. It was late and we were full!

This morning we had to have Sunday morning pancake, of course, at Black Bear Diner. We didn't have time to go for our usual walk, though, because MT had to meet with Bruce the realtor to look at a house, then he had to go finish the floor. I came home and did chores like laundry and paying the bills and going to the grocery store. I also took a little nap. I really wanted to make it a longer nap, but I had stuff to do. In the afternoon I went for a walk by myself because I had to get in my steps. I'm five for five on getting at least ten points every day in the May fitness challenge.

Tonight we watched Game of Thrones. Last week there were not a lot of words because it was a big battle. Today's episode had lots of words. Only two episodes left. Glad I could get in on these last five shows. FOMO is real.  LOL

There are a couple of things coming up for us this week. On Monday I will return to Rideologie for another spinning class. Wednesday we will watch the second-to-last Survivor episode of the season. MT will begin his two days of liquid-only diet in preparation for a colonscopy on Friday. He should be fun to live with for those two days. He's going to be hangry by Thursday night when he begins with the prep meds.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

No comments: