Tuesday, May 7, 2019

#2199 travel Tuesday

This might be the first week that no one told me about their upcoming vacation. Sad. I do know people who are either on vacation right now or will be going on vacation in the next couple of days. One of my friends from work is currently in Los Cabos, Mexico. I've only been there one time, and it was a stop on a cruise. It is very desert-y: brown with cactus, but then there is the blue Pacific Ocean filled with whales and dolphins. That's what I saw when I was there.

Another friend from work is heading to southern Utah, kind of down by Moab, to go camping with her daughter. Honestly, camping in the desert doesn't sound like very much fun to me, but I know that my friend is very excited to spend some one-on-one time with her daughter. It kind of makes me wonder if T said, "Hey Mom! Let's go camping, just you and me!" what I would say. I'd probably counter with, "How about if we get a hotel somewhere?" He'd probably be into that. It's not really anything I have to concern myself with at this time. :)

I might be the only person in Utah or maybe the world who isn't completely enamored with Moab. I've been there a couple of times and I think that's plenty for me. I mean, the landscape with the rock formations is pretty and all that, but I am just not much of a desert girl. (See Los Cabos note above.) I prefer water and beach and palm trees. Living in SLC is about as much desert as I can take. MT always chides me for not seeing the beauty of the desert and I'm okay with that.

My sister is fixing to go on a cross-country trip from San Diego to New York and back. She's got some great stops picked out along the way and I know that she will have a good time. I can't help but think about how tickled my dad would be to hear about her trip. He loved to drive and to see the countryside. I am not much of a road tripper anymore. I just want to be somewhere. For me it's the destination more than the journey. I hope that she will write about her adventures, though. I love a good vicarious road trip!

I've got to be at the office early tomorrow, so that's it for tonight.

No comments: