Sunday, February 16, 2020

#2334 weekend wrap-up

It's only 1:00 on Sunday afternoon, but I'm at the computer, so why not write?

Yesterday was a full day. I weighed in early (down one lb) then went out to the office. I am on the board of the credit union at work, and we were having our strategic planning meeting. The business is doing fine, and we wanted to find ways to better serve the members through new products or enhanced services. It was a good discussion.

After that, I needed to stretch my legs, so I went to the gym and walked around in circles for 30 minutes. I really like Apple Music. There are so many fun playlists to choose from. Yesterday I listened to one from the Feel Good section called, appropriately "Feeling Good". There were songs from Bruno Mars, Harry Styles, John Cougar, Meghan Trainor and many others. All of the songs were upbeat and fun. I lose myself in the songs and just walk and walk. Another playlist I have found that I like a lot is in the Fitness section and its's called "Afrobeats Workout". It's African rhythms. Very fun and energetic walking music!

My favorite part of the day was going to Soulstice Day Spa to get a pedicure. I also had my brows tamed, which isn't relaxing, but necessary. The pedicure was great. Jacee has given me a couple of pedicures and she's very good. As she was massaging my calves and feet, I felt myself slouching down into the chair. I like the color I chose, too, a deep dark red called Malaga Wine by O.P.I.

Since I was in the neighborhood, I had to stop over at Old Navy. I was excited to find a black blazer at a reasonable price. I've been wanting one. There was a sale on shoes and I bought a couple of pairs. I really like Old Navy.

I've been thinking a lot about my clothes since I called myself out on my jeans-and-tshirt "style". I'm a grown-ass woman! I can do better than that! Thus, I find myself buying some cute shoes and paying a bit more attention to what I put on in the morning. It's a work in progress.

Last night we all just hung around the house. I was tired and went to bed kind of early.

Today I slept in. I'm just doing a few things around the house. I've paid the bills and changed the sheets. I'm heading to the grocery store in a few minutes. I finished reading the book The Sun is Also a Star, so I want to watch that movie today. I liked the book and I hope the movie will be equally sweet and good.

I'd planned to go to the gym, but I think I'll skip it today.

Next week I am going to visit Mom and Lizzie. There will be a day at Disneyland! I'm hoping there will be a nature walk and maybe some fillet mignon tacos. LOL Before that, though, there is a book club meeting via Twitter on Tuesday and a day full of MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Training) to get through on Wednesday.

I've been craving chicken enchiladas, so I'm off to the store to buy the ingredients. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! If you have the day off tomorrow for President's Day, enjoy that as well.


1 comment:

josefa wann said...

Seems like you had a pleasant weekend :)