Wednesday, February 26, 2020

#2336 a wee recap

I am back from a crazy good mini-vacation. I went to visit Mom and Lizzie at their place and it was just what I needed. It had the right amount of doing stuff and hanging out.

Lizzie and I went to Disneyland last Friday. It was exhausting and fun, as usual. I can remember the days when I would get to the park when the gates opened and I would leave on the last shuttle to the parking lot. Those days are gone. We were there for twelve hours and I needed the entire next day to recover. LOL Sad but true.

On Saturday Lizzie and I went to a movie at which I ate so much popcorn that I felt ill. It was the smallest size, but it was a lot. Sure, I could have stopped eating it, but I didn't. It was rainy that day so I snuggled into a chair with a blanket and book and promptly fell asleep like a little old woman. Later that afternoon we had a late lunch/early dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant, El Cholo. I had my usual fillet mignon tacos (so amazing) and felt overfull and kind of awful, whiny, and pathetic the rest of the night. I was in bed by 9:00. 

The next morning I rallied a little and went for a nature walk with Lizzie. It was a beautiful morning and the trail was perfumed by eucalyptus and rosemary. After the walk, I managed to stay awake the whole day and I finished two books. I was just happy to be hanging out with my mom and my sister and their crazy little dog. It was good.

I got home Monday afternoon, then MT and I went to the Jazz game that night. The tickets to the game were a Christmas gift from MT. We were down in the lower bowl, behind the basket, thirteen rows up from the floor. Good seats, not a great game. The Jazz have been in a slump lately and they played poorly. It was still fun, though.

Osi is doing well. She is perky and walking around well. She wags her tail and looks happy to see me. She really needs a bath and a haircut. I hope I can convince the groomers to work on her soon. I'm not sure what I'll do if they won't take care of her. I have looked at self-serve dog washes. That might be the option. I dread it coming to that!

MT is still busy. He and his brother are working on one of our properties, and MT is also working on a bathroom for a customer. T works for MT a few days a week and is taking a couple of classes at the community college.

That's pretty much all I've got tonight. BYEEEEE!

1 comment:

josefa wann said...

I'm happy you had a little rest, but sorry I didn't have any Tums, I'll be sure to keep get some now.
You know I love it when you are here :)