Thursday, October 4, 2018

#2100 three things: got their money's worth, skillet pizza, tired


1. I'm tired. On Tuesday night I hung out at home and watched baseball (which I talked about in my last post.) The thing is that the game I was watching did go into extra innings - four extra innings to be exact. Extra innings is what happens when the game is tied after the regular number of innings (nine). I had been watching the game the whole night, so I couldn't just go to bed when I'd been watching for so long. Bottom line, it was well after 11:00 when the game ended and I finally got to bed.

Then my sweet Osi dog doesn't sleep well anymore and frequently walks over to my side of the bed and stares at me until I wake up and take her outside. Sometimes I have a hard time falling back to sleep afterwards. 

Last night I slept pretty well until Osi had to go out at 3:30. I tossed around for about 20 minutes until I decided to read for a little while.

Bottom line: I was sorta tired yesterday but I was dragging ass today. Plus my stomach was upset this morning and my nose was running like something was chasing it. Ugh.

2. But they got their money's worth. Even though I felt like hell, I gave it my all at work today. I mostly sat down because I was doing a lot of keying in spreadsheets and such. I think I feel more tired when I sit down more than I stand (I have a stand-up desk). I actually think they got more than their money's worth. I was a bargain today. ;)

3. Cast iron skillet pizza. On Tuesday night I made the much-anticipated pizza in the cast iron skillet. It was a Trader Joe's love-fest of a pizza with the pizza dough, the pizza sauce, the pepperoni and the four cheese blend all coming from TJ's. They sell fresh dough there and it was perfect for what I wanted to do. Putting the pizza together was easy. I thought it was tasty and wonderful. T and MT were a little less keen on it. MT didn't like the taste of the pizza sauce. T said it didn't have enough meat. I ate it on Tuesday, Wednesday and had a slice tonight. (I made two pizzas because I thought they would like it and eat lots.)  I'd probably make it again with some different sauce and more meat to see if it would get more love. And I'd only make one pizza and if they don't like it, it would be more manageable for me.



That's all I've got for today. I need to get to bed!

Peace!

No comments: