Tuesday, October 2, 2018

#2099 happy Sportstober!

Hello friends and happy October, or as I like to call it, Sportstober. It's a magical month in which four major sports that I watch are all in season: college football, pro football, Major League baseball and pro basketball. In fact, I am watching the NL wild card game on TV right now (that's baseball). The bummer part is that the game is between the Cubs and the Rockies and I like both of these teams, so I'm not sure who to root for. I guess I'll be happy for the team that wins and sad for the team that loses. Loser goes home; winner goes on to play in the NL division series.

September kinda passed by in a blur but it was also slow. How is that possible?

Tonight we are having a big rainstorm. There is thunder and lightning. I welcome the cooler temperatures and the water is good, too. We had such a dry, hot summer. I love summer but I find as I get older it's more difficult to tolerate the heat. I feel the same way about the cold.

Oh that was big lightning and thunder just outside my window!

Okay, I have to focus on this ball game now. The score is tied in the bottom of the ninth inning. Will there be extra innings tonight?

No comments: