Sunday, August 8, 2021

#2599 weekend wrap-up

It continues to be extremely smoky here. I stayed inside yesterday afternoon. I took the dogs out in the morning and ran a few errands, then I stayed home. In the evening, I thought it might be clearing up a little, but today has been awful air quality again. I saw a headline on Twitter Friday that declared "Salt Lake City air quality among worst on the planet."    Cheery.

T was actually out in the gunk all day both Friday and Saturday. He attended the Hive Festival at the Utah State Fairpark. I don't know if you can open the link; it connects to the Hive Festival's Instagram page. I was following along through IG both days, and it looked wild! So many people! T went alone, but somehow, miraculously, bumped into his old friend Trent who was there with his wife. T tagged along with them on Friday and Saturday. I was glad he was with people he knew. 

MT was in Idaho on Friday and Saturday. Our old friends, Rob and LA, are building a cabin the the Lava Hot Springs area, and MT went to help put up the walls. He said it wasn't as smoky there as it was here. 

I wrote on Friday that I was working at the Travis Tritt concert at Red Butte Garden. His music was not my jam. I actually spent the whole show chatting with a fellow volunteer, Bridget. Tonight I am working another RBG show. There are two headliners tonight: Wilco and Sleater-Kinney. I've listened to a few songs from each of them. Wilco is alt-country and Sleater-Kinney is a grrrl punk group. Interesting combo. 

All three of us are home today. MT and I went to REI and the grocery store to get more provisions for his big backpacking trip that's coming up in a few weeks. I'll be writing more about that in the weeks ahead. T is also getting ready to be away from home for awhile, but I'm not quite ready to talk about that just yet. 

Well, it's time for me to get ready for the concert gig. I hope you had a great weekend! 

Stay safe!




No comments: