Saturday, August 14, 2021

#2601 Saturday with Sandy

What a week this has been. I think I woke up in the night to use the bathroom and convinced myself I had to go to work this morning. When my alarm went off at 7:30 this morning, I had a little panic attack that I was late for work. Of course, it is Saturday and I did not have to work. I set my alarm because I did have a bunch of stuff I wanted to do at the house. Maybe subconsciously I was feeling anxious about the housework.

My main focus today was cleaning T’s room. He is currently not staying with us and won’t be here for a little while. He is in rehab for alcohol addiction. The facility where he is getting treatment looks nice, and the people I have spoken to there all seem kind. I’ve spoken to T a couple of times already and he likes the place and says the people he is with are cool. He hasn’t met his therapist yet or done any of the “work”since he checked in yesterday afternoon. We’ll see what he says on Monday night. 

So…my main focus today was cleaning T’s room. We have lived in this house since he was four years old, so he’s got a lifetime of stuff in there. The stuff has changed over the years, of course, from toys to video games, etc. With his addiction problems, though, there is (was) some yucky stuff in there. I spent several hours in the room and I’d say it’s about 39% better tonight than it was this morning. My short-term goal is to make the room clean enough that I would be comfortable sleeping in there. My long-term goal is to take out all the furniture, one piece at a time, and thoroughly clean the hell out of the space. I still wouldn’t want to sleep in there today, but I think by Monday night, I would be able to. That’s my goal. 

During the cleaning breaks, I made a pie. It’s a lemonade icebox pie. The ingredients are Cool-Whip, frozen lemonade concentrate, and sweetened condensed milk. You mix those three ingredients together, then pour it in a graham cracker crust and pop it in the freezer. I had it in the freezer, then I put it in the fridge. MISTAKE! It was runny when we cut into it. It’s back in the freezer now and I know it will be delicious tomorrow. It was delicious tonight, just not firm.

Tomorrow, MT and I are celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary. We don’t have any big plans. We’ll probably take the girls to the dog park in the morning. We have a Zoom call with T at 12:30, so we’ll probably do chores around the house between dog park and Zoom call. For lunch we are planning to head up Little Cottonwood Canyon to a restaurant called Silver Fork Lodge. We have been there before, but it has been many years. I thought it might be a cool place to take Mom and Lizzie when they come to visit, and I wanted to check it out before I took them there. 

It’s been a long day, and like I said, a long, emotional week, and I just want to go to bed now. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!








1 comment:

Kteach said...

I'm very glad you are cleaning his room and getting rid of yucky stuff. You'll be happy when it's done :)
Have a good day tomorrow! Love you.