Sunday, January 29, 2023

#2828 a little change

I took a break from writing here this week, and it felt kinda good. In February, I'm planning to write here on Wednesday and Sunday. I figure that gives me a mid-week check in and a weekend check in. I want to explore some different things, and dropping writing here from three or four times a week to just two will hopefully give me a little more time to do some other stuff, while still keeping this little project alive. 

Today I had a big knot on the left side of my back and shoulder. Sometimes I still feel the twinge from that little tear in my rotator cuff and I find myself using my neck muscles to pull up my arm instead of using my shoulder muscles. The knot was pretty painful and caused me to have a bad headache. In addition, I haven't slept very well for the past couple of nights. On both Friday and Saturday night, I woke up around 3am and didn't get back to sleep for about 90 minutes. That's no good. Tonight I took some Tylenol for the back and headache pain, put the heated corn bag on my sore parts, and took a little snoozle. It felt good, just not long enough. I'm planning on getting ready for bed here in a few minutes, taking a melatonin, and snuggling in for the night.

It's extremely cold here. My computer tells me it is 19 degrees out. It snowed a little earlier today, and then it got really cold and the wetness on the road and the driveway turned to ice. There's only about a dozen steps from the driveway to the front door, but they were precarious. MT brought in all the groceries since I'm not very sure-footed on the ice. I sprinkled ice melt all over the driveway, but I'm thankful I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow. I really love my work from home days, whether the temperatures are in the 90s or the teens. 

Here's hoping y'all had an enjoyable weekend. Stay warm! Talk to you Wednesday :)




1 comment:

Kteach said...

I love the picture of you sleeping with teddy. :)
I hope the knot in your back and neck feel better. Be super careful about walking on ice, I'm glad you can stay at home tomorrow. Let Marty walk the dogs if they need to go out.
It's cold here too, but at 47is not nearly as cold as you, and it's raining. My hands feel like ice and I'm about to go to bed even though it's only 11:30 and Lizzie and I had a 1-hour nap in the afternoon.
Take care, love you. Sleep well.