Saturday, January 21, 2023

#2827 Saturday with Sandy

My day started with some much-needed self care. I got up early, around 6:00, to feed the dogs and let them run around outside for a few minutes, then we all got back in bed and slept until nearly 9:00. It felt so good! I then took a shower, washed and conditioned the hair, shaved, then slathered on moisturizer, and gave myself a facial mask. All my skin felt happy, hydrated, and smooth. My hair is soft and shiny.  I also put some thick, rich coconut  body butter on my freshly pumiced feet. So smooth. I am terrible at moisturizing. I have boatloads of lotions, but I rush past putting the lotion on, except for my face. I am developing a habit, a ritual maybe, of putting on lip balm and hand lotion before I get in bed every night. It’s a start.

After all of that activity, I made a pot of coffee and settled in with a book. There was lots of toy throwing for Stella, but it was still quality quiet time. 

Pretty soon, it was time to take T to work. I put on a pair of jeans and layered tops. I dropped T off, then went to Red Butte Garden for my monthly winter walk. It was like I had the place to myself, even though I know there were other people up there. It was cold, but I was dressed appropriately, and it was a beautiful walk. Here are some photos:

I like the different colors of the trees.

It’s me. Hi!

Snowy!

Those two birds are blue jays. (Trust me.)

Obligatory waterfall photo.

I love that the path is cleared.

Trees in winter.

I walked around for about 40 minutes, then my butt was getting cold, so it was time to leave. Thankful for heated seats in the car! When I got home, I took the doggos for a walk in the neighborhood, then we had some outside play time in the back yard so they could run around and chase each other and the toys. When I got cold, we came inside for quiet time. 

MT and I went out for dinner at La Hacienda. When we got home, MT fell asleep on the couch and I changed the sheets on the bed. I love having clean sheets!  I know everyone does, it’s not just a me thing. I change my sheets every other week, but I really think I would like to change them weekly. Maybe I’ll see if I can get into the habit. I only have two sets of sheets. I think I want another set. 

Now it’s nearly time to pick T up from work, then I’m going to bed. I’ve got a few things on tomorrow’s to-do list, and that includes sitting on the couch to read and listen to/watch football. 

I hope you made the most of your Saturday, even if that meant staying home and taking care of yourself, or seemingly doing nothing. It is totally allowed. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!




1 comment:

Kteach said...

Lots of snow in the garden!!!!