Thursday, January 19, 2023

#2826 three things: pajamas, bars of soap, and finally starting 2023



1. Pajamas. For a long time, probably most of my adulthood, I have slept in oversize t-shirts. T-shirts are soft and comfortable, and since sometimes I am a restless sleeper, I could thrash around easily in my tee. Sometime during the summer, I went to Old Navy and found a cute shorts and tank top pajama combo. I bought it, and you know what? I haven't looked back. I really like sleeping in pajamas now. I took some with me to Greece, and when I got home from that vacation, I bought a couple more pajama tops to go with the flannel shorts I had. I'm making it sound like I have many sets of pjs; I don't. Yet. The jammies are so much softer and flowy than the oversized t-shirt. I've been missing out for so many years! No more, though. I'm on the jammie bandwagon!

2. Bars of soap. Last year on my vacations, I bought bars of soap to give to my mom. MT took his cue from me and bought his mom bars of soap, too. We just went to a pharmacy and bought soap. The pharmacy in Rome had wonderful scented bars of soap. They made my suitcase smell so good. I bought another soap for my mom in Greece, and I have to say, I wish I'd bought some for myself, even though I haven't used an actual bar of soap for years. I am more of a shower gel woman.

One of my friendly co-workers gave me (and others) bars of soap from Bath & Body Works for Christmas. Mine smelled so nice that I thought, "What the heck? I'll use it." You know what? I. Love. It. The soap has shea butter in it, so it makes my skin feel really soft. I love the way it lathers up on a washcloth. It smells awesome. Shower gels are nice and clean and convenient, but I think I might be converted to a bar of soap user. The next time I'm in Europe, I'm will buy myself some lovely European soap from the pharmacy. 

3. Finally feeling 2023. I was thinking the other day that 2023 didn't feel real to me yet. Since I don't have much planned for the month, it just feels like a waiting period between the end of the holiday season and the time when stuff starts happening in the new year. It's like I was in a time limbo for those first couple of weeks of the year. Maybe it's because MT was gone and I was getting used to having a new furry friend in the house? Maybe it's because I knew there was potential for stuff in 2023, but nothing was happening and I felt stagnant?

I was listening to the podcast Vibe Check today, and Sam, Saeed, and Zach were talking about exactly this same thing. I felt kinda relieved to find out that there were other people feeling the same way about the start of the year. I think for me, thinking about planning a trip for the spring is what kind of made me feel like, "Okay, 2023 is on track, and here we go." 

How are you feeling? :)

No comments: