Tuesday, January 17, 2023

#2825 travel Tuesday: U.S. beach destinations

Before I get started on tonight's topic, a quick follow-up to the doggo scrum I wrote about on Sunday between Mac and Stella. I'm glad to report that everyone is doing fine and living in peace and harmony. Stella gives Mac a wide berth when it is toy time, other than that, they seem to be okay. 

~~~~

Sometime during the summer, I saw an article somewhere, probably either on Facebook or Twitter, listing top U.S. beach vacation spots. Of course there are a jillion places where you can find a list that may or may not include these places. I jotted the list down because you never know when you are going to want to go on vacation and leaving the country might not be feasible. Plus, it's always fun to dream. Here is the list in the order they were listed in the article I read. They seem to be broken down between Gulf Coast, East Coast, West Coast, and Northeast.





Gulf Shores, Alabama
- I don't think I ever even thought about Alabama as a beach destination, but it sure looks nice, doesn't it?




St. Petersburg/Clearwater, Florida - Yes please. Looks great!







Galveston, Texas - I gotta admit, these Gulf Coast beaches look pretty fantastic.







Tybee Island, Georgia - Here's a place I have been and would love to go back to! It's proximity to Savannah makes it pretty visit-able in my book. It's a cute island with a great beach.




Virginia Beach, Virginia - this beach looks nice. I like the boardwalk.







Nags Head, North Carolina - I haven't been to Nags Head beach, but I'm pretty sure I've been by there. It is on the Outer Banks, and OBX is awesome.




Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina - This beach is at the southern end of the state near Wilmington. Looks nice!







Cannon Beach, Oregon - Wow! This place looks awesome. I'm sure that water is cold as hell.





Mission Beach, San Diego, CA - You can't go wrong with the beaches in America's Finest City. Mission Beach is fantastic!







San Clemente, CA - I mean, come on! Southern California sunsets are amazing, and this beach looks great.










Lake Michigan - I don't think this one would have crossed my mind. When I think of Lake Michigan, I think of a cabin in the woods on the shores of the lake. Look at the color of that water! I wonder if it is cold?








Cape May, New Jersey - Again, I wouldn't have thought of New Jersey for a beach vacation. I don't know anything about it, except for this photo. Looks cool!






Ocean City, Maryland - I don't really associate beaches with the Northeast, but I think I might have to rethink my position.


I purposely chose pics that didn't shows gobs of people on the beaches. I am kind of past going to a beach to lay on the sand. I really like to walk on the beach, though. I'd love to spend time at a cute little place near a beach so I can walk, get my feet wet, and hear the sound of the water. I had fun imagining while I was posting these photos. Anything look interesting (besides California?)

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

I had Gulf Shores, Alabama on a list when we were talking about a sister trip. A gulf coast beach in Florida is the only good thing about Florida. Galveston has also been in our realm of possibilities too. VA Beach looks good. NC beaches are good! Oregon beaches are spectacular! Of course, CA beaches are great. I like the idea of a Lake Michigan beach! The NJ and Maryland beaches are probably low on my list, but maybe a Maine beach would be cool!

Kteach said...

There's a beach I heard and read about that sounds great, which is Sanibel Island on the west coast of Florida. Unfortunately, it suffered great damage during the last hurricane and the beaches are closed.