Wednesday, February 1, 2023

#2829 Wednesday vibe

Happy February! This week has been frigid. Monday and Tuesday, we had high temperatures in the teens, with lows in the single digits. At least it wasn’t windy. Look at me, all Miss Brightside. 

Wednesday is a work from home day for me. I was pretty busy today, which was nice. What had me feeling all happy, productive, and content today was that I was working a little hygge action. I had a really nice You Tube screen on:


There was nice, quiet piano music, and I think you could hear the crackle of fireplace. Light snow drifted down (not in real life, the sky was bright blue today.) I lit a cedar balsam candle that smelled so nice. It was very peaceful, and just right for focusing on getting my work done. 

I usually have You Tube screens like this one whenever I work at home. There are so many options, everything from coffee shop ambience to beach cafes. There are seaside Italian cafes and scenes with a view of the Eiffel Tower. The music isn’t all that great, but the fact that it is unremarkable is good, in my opinion. I prefer wordless music while I work. Sometimes, if I really don’t like the music but I like the background, I will turn to Apple Music for some soothing lo-fi beats, or classical music, or ambient noises. 

In fact, I am so into these You Tube things that I will often even have them on in the evening as background when I’m reading or folding clothes or drawing or whatever. When MT was on vacation in early January, I got into the habit of laying on the couch for 30 minutes or an hour or whatever and reading or snoozing. The You Tube screens are perfect for that kind of thing. There are some screens that are just a crackling fireplace. I love it for quiet time! 

This afternoon Mac and Stella were playing with each other outside. Harley was snoozing on the couch under a blanket (she gets cold), so the other two went outside. I was so happy to watch them chase each other around and play. Both their tales were wagging. Mac’s ears were all perked up and Stella had a big doggie smile on her face as she ran around. It was adorable.

This evening during the book club meeting, I rode my stationary bike. I don’t know why I haven’t done that before. The book club meeting is on Twitter, so it was no big deal to ride and read and sometimes tweet. An interesting development happened during the meeting. One of my fellow book club members is a school librarian here in West Valley. She was tweeting that she didn’t have many volunteers for the book fair, so I offered to go help out after work, and she took me up on my offer! I’m happy to go do that. Her school isn’t far from my house, and I love school book fairs. 

That’s all I’ve got for today. Take care!

No comments: