Saturday, May 31, 2008

#121 last week

It doesn't seem like a week has gone by since I last wrote anything here. I'll offer a quick recap:

The 24th was MT's birthday. His parents came to visit. His mom made him a really cool scrapbook of his baby and childhood pictures. I've looked through it half a dozen times. She did a great job and it is really fun for me to look at those pictures of Marty. To celebrate his birthday, we all went to see the new Indiana Jones movie (entertaining) and to have dinner (Iggy's). We ended the night with a Dairy Queen ice cream cake and singing "Happy Birthday". I would have taken a picture, but my battery was dead. Sorry. Oh, I gave MT tickets to see Sheryl Crow in August and her new cd. I think it was a good day.

On Sunday we all met for lunch at the SkyBox in the Gateway. We watched the Indianapolis 500 on the giant screen there. After lunch, MT and his folks went back to the rental; Dad, T and I played in the arcade at the restaurant. We didn't do much that night.

I don't remember doing anything on Monday.

President Bush was in town on Wednesday and Thursday. I drove by the Air National Guard to check our Air Force One. I couldn't get close to it, but I could see it. MT's work was delayed because Bush was visiting the Mormon leaders. MT is working directly across from the church office building, so security was very tight in the area, I'm sure. He said he saw the motorcade leaving.

Also on Thursday, T performed in the talent show at his school. T played the keyboard while his friends Eric and Victoria sang a song Eric wrote. They did well. The talent show was really fun. This was the second performance and I liked it just as much as the first. There was lots of singing, some dancing, some piano playing, some jump-roping and some hula-hooping. There was also a kid who made a T-Rex noise. It takes a lot of guts for those kids to get up there and perform in front of their friends and assorted grown-ups. I thought it was great. I know the other parents really enjoyed it, too. I was happy that my dad was there, also. I think he liked it.

Friday I played golf in my company's customer appreciation tournament. I had a good time even though I did not play well at all. Here's what I learned: you really can't expect to play golf well unless you practice. I've been to the driving range two or three times and I've practiced putting a little, but that is really not enough to get ready for 18 holes. I believe the team I was on came in last, which is a shame, because the other ladies I played with are normally pretty good. None of us were really doing anything well on the course. But it was a nice day up there and I always enjoy a free round of golf. I'm playing again on Monday in a scramble tournament. I'm sure I won't be any better, but I've never played on this particular course, so I'm excited to go there.

Today MT had to work. Dad is putting in a deck for us, so I went out to "help." I didn't do much except hold the posts steady while Dad poured concrete in the hole. I also made sure everything was level. I mostly sat in a chair and thought about what else I could do in the yard, like plant trees and stuff. It was the longest I think I've ever been in my backyard. I can still hear the cars, but I can't see them and they can't see me. It's like putting curtains up in your windows. It just feels better.

Tonight T took his first turn around the yard with the lawnmower. He had a bit of a tough time. Our yard has a slight slope and it was hard for him to push the mower up the slope. He kept trying though. MT can't wait until T is able to take over the mowing duties. It's hard for me to mow because I keep sneezing and my eyes water. Allergies., you know.

So that's last week. Here comes June. We've got some stuff coming up including going to Jackson Hole and to Bear Lake, so I think it should be a fun month!

No comments: