Wednesday, September 12, 2012

#764 a scheduling conflict

If you know me at all, or even read this blog every now and again, you probably know that I love sports.  I like to watch sports, I like movies about sports, I like to read about sports, talk about sports and watch or listen to shows that are about sports.

One of my favorite sports talk shows is The Dan Patrick Show. When I'm at work, I listen to Dan from 11 -2 in the afternoon. The radio show is delayed here in SLC; he's live from 7 -11. When I'm at home, I will watch the simulcast of the radio show in the morning. The simulcast is fun because it will show Dan and his "Danettes" talking and joking around during the commercial breaks. The Danettes are fun: Paulie, Seton, Fritzy and McLovin make me laugh. I'd love to be a Danette.

A side note here - since my sister knows Dan's brother, there are a few degrees of separation between me and Dan, and I'll take them! :)

Fritzy, McLovin, Dan, Paulie and Seton - Dan and the Danettes






Here's something that you might not know about me: I really like Kelly Ripa. I think she's adorable and I want to be her friend. I don't really have the opportunity to watch her very often, but I think she's great. I know that since Regis Philbin retired, Kelly has been doing the Live with Kelly show on her own and has had different co-hosts, but now she has named her co-host, and it's former New York Giant Michael Strahan. I like Michael. He's good on the Sunday Fox football show, and I enjoy him in the Subway commercials.

Kelly and Michael

While flipping through the channels the other day, I noticed that Live with Kelly and Michael is on at 9 AM, so now I have a scheduling conflict. Do I watch the last hour of DP and the boys, or do I watch Kelly and Michael? 9 AM is one of the few times a day I will sit and watch TV because that's when I eat breakfast and ice my knee after my morning stretches and walk or ride. (The other time is at 3 PM when I watch Ellen. She's great too!)

If I click back and forth between the two shows, I worry about missing something really good on the one I'm not watching. What do I do?!

Wow. It may be time to get back to work.

No comments: