Friday, September 21, 2012

#773 a new routine

My husband, MT, was transferred last week from the job he was working on in Provo, about an hour drive each way from our house, to a job in Logan. Logan is about two hours away from our house each way. Basically he went from a two hour commute to a four hour commute. To make matters even more fun and fluffy, he's working the swing shift in Logan. His shift starts at 4:30 PM, so he leaves here around 2:30 PM, and the shift ends around 12:30 AM, so he gets home around 2:30 AM. Nice, right?

Today was the first day he's had a chance to talk to his son all week. T sees MT sleeping, and MT sees T sleeping and that's been it.Since I'm home right now, I do get to hang out with MT when he wakes up, usually around 10 AM until he leaves for work. Of course, when I go back to work, I won't see him much at all. I won't even get to see him on Friday afternoon.

It kind of sucks, but that's the way of construction.

In the evenings T and I just hang out. I haven't had to cook much. T's needs are pretty simple and revolve mainly around junk food and take out. I have found that I don't really like to eat much in the evening, so it's been ok with me. Plus, MT and I usually eat lunch together, so that's the big meal of the day.

I'll probably cook this weekend, though. It's the least I can do.

It's hard to get adjusted to the new schedule for all of us. MT gets good sleep, but it's not at normal times, so he feels restless. T and I try to be really quiet in the morning so MT doesn't wake up. We're going to get comfortable with this routine and then I'll go back to work and it will be back to the drawing board. Hopefully MT's swing shift won't last too much longer and we'll be on the same sleep schedules and we'll see each other (awake) daily.

No comments: