Saturday, September 22, 2012

#774 Endeavor flies over Disneyland

I'm a big baby. I cry about stupid shit that doesn't need a tear shed about it. I cried this morning when I watched this little video posted on Facebook by Disneyland:


I don't know if it was the music, the cheering crowd, Disneyland itself, or the fact that this is final flight of the space shuttle Endeavor, and the last of the space shuttles period.

It's a shame that Endeavor is the last of the shuttles. I am a big fan of NASA. I wish I was smart enough to work for NASA.  It would be so amazing to be part of the space program. We sent men to the moon! We explore outer space! I thought the space shuttles were really cool. I loved how NASA pulled themselves together after the Challenger tragedy and kept the shuttle program alive. The Mars explorer Curiosity is fantastic. But for some reason, I think that the end of the shuttle program, like the end of the lunar landings, is sad.


My words just aren't with me tonight. I am having a hard time finding the words I want to express my thoughts. I hope you enjoy the video as much as I did. I've watched it about ten times today, but I only cried the first time :)


No comments: