Monday, October 14, 2013

#1029 a whole nother world

It's hard to believe it's been nearly a week since my last post.  So much for writing every other day!  Let's see, I try to write on even days, so I guess I've only missed two days. I feel a little better. What was going on? On Thursday, work was long and tiring. I was in a meeting for most of the day, so I didn't get any regular work done. I ended up bringing some stuff home that night, so it was a super-long day. On Saturday. I puttered around doing Saturday stuff, then I watched some Utah football on TV. In the evening, T and I went to a Jazz preseason game. It's always fun to go to Jazz games even though the outcome wasn't good for our team. Now it's Monday.

On the way home from work tonight, I was listening to my favorite Kenny Chesney CD (also my only Kenny Chesney CD), "Life on a Rock". The first song is called Pirate Flag and I really like it except for one thing: his use of the word "nother".  Kenny sings, "I traded it in for a whole nother world/Pirate flag and an island girl."

Nother is usually an abbreviation for "another", but that word, another, doesn't work in the sentence, either:

   Traded it in for a whole another world

NO!

Shouldn't he say "other" instead?

See the dumb stuff that gets stuck in my head?
 
To take my mind of the weird word, I just watched the video and damn it, it just made me want to go to on vacation to the Caribbean. Look at that water! Look at the sunset! It's a whole nother world, I'm tellin' ya!

Enjoy...







No comments: