Friday, February 14, 2014

#1114 this week was good

It's been a busy week! As I wrote on my last post, I went to the gym on Monday night. I don't mind telling you that I was sore for a couple of days. I'm glad I went. I am looking forward to getting back into an exercise routine.

On Tuesday I went to parent-teacher conference with T. There are not many things that are better than when a stranger (to me) tells me that my kid is great. We spoke to six of his teachers and each of them told me how much they liked T and how good he was in their class. I am so thankful that T is a good student and participates in class and does his homework.

Wednesday was a good day for our family because MT got a job! He will start on Monday working for a property management company. I am excited for him and relieved as well. It will be good for him to get back to work. He also did something that he has been talking about for awhile: he went to a real estate investor meeting. I guess there's a group that meets monthly and MT has been talking about going to the meetings for awhile and he finally went to the meeting. Man, he was totally happy and excited when we all got home that night. Good for him! He has been sadly lacking in happiness in the past few months. It's great to see him so excited about stuff again.

On Wednesday T and I went to the Jazz game. I got the tickets from the Fanzz store when I bought T's Christmas present. The seats were pretty good. They were in the upper bowl, just about half way up. The Jazz were playing against the Philadelphia 76ers. The 6ers have a very good rookie point guard, Michael Carter-Williams that we were excited to watch. The game itself wasn't that good, but the result was good: Jazz win!

Thursday, I didn't do much. I was pretty tired, so we got take-out and watched the Olympics. It was cool to see the US men sweep the slope style ski event!

Today is Valentine's Day. I gave the boys some chocolates and a gift card for each. MT gave me a really sweet card and an iTunes gift card. That's great because I am ready for some new music! For dinner I made one of T's favorite meals, shrimp and noodles. It's easy and tasty.

Now we are - what? - watching the Olympics.

Hope you all had a wonderful day and have fun plans for the weekend!

I finished another book! Check out the 2014 Reading List page.

No comments: