Tuesday, February 18, 2014

#1116 Jimmy Fallon, missing caffeine and happy anniversary

I'm not gonna lie to you...I'm tired today! I stayed up late to watch the first show of The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. I really like Jimmy and I hope he does great with The Tonight Show. I thought he had some good moments: the history of hip hop dance with Will Smith and the acoustic performance by U2 topped my favorites. I also liked the Tonight Show Superlatives with Olympians. You can easily find the hip hop dance on YouTube; if you didn't see it, you should check it out.

I won't be able to stay up to watch Jimmy again until Friday, but it is available On Demand, so I'll watch it when I get home from work. Maybe I'll be able to watch after the Olympics when he's on at 10:30.

I had to go to work early this morning for all day safety training. It was a tough day because I was so tired and because the training is quite passive. You mostly just sit in a big training room all the day long. There are breaks and some interactive training, but mostly it's sitting. To make it even more painful, the only Diet Coke that was available was caffeine free. WHAT?!?! Momma needs caffeine!!!! Fortunately, there was a kind safety professional who hooked me up with the regular Diet Coke and I was able to last through the training.

The bad thing is that tonight I have a sore throat and a stuffy nose. I'll be pounding some cold medicine tonight and going to bed early. The sore throat came on yesterday and manifested itself in a dry scratchy cough that hindered my sleeping.

Before I get ready for bed though, I want to take a minute to wish my parents happy anniversary. They were married 49 years ago tomorrow, February 19. Congratulations Mom and Dad! I love you guys!!

No comments: