Monday, February 2, 2015

#1365 good stuff in the first two days


Happy February friends!

February used to be my least favorite month of the year. It was the shortest month, but it seemed like the longest. I hated Valentine's Day because MT is not the most romantic of men and he just didn't understand that as a girl, I wanted a little romance or at least a present on the 14th. He's better about it now. I think all the years of me bitching about it in a passive-aggressive manner finally got through to him.

My feelings for February changed in 2006 when we went on our first cruise. We were able to take beautiful, warm vacations in February for several years and then I didn't find February so offensive anymore.

Now I've figured out that the thing to do is to plan things to look forward to in the second month of the year. This year I am looking forward to spending a few days with my parents and my sister as we celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary!

Before that, though, I'm trying to find things that bring me some happiness and joy. Yesterday, the first, I enjoyed making some snacks and watching the Superbowl. It was a good game, all the way up to the very last play when for some reason, Seattle thought it would be a good idea to throw the ball from the one yard line instead of just running it in. The pass was intercepted and the Patriots won. Disappointing. What wasn't disappointing were the cookies I made. MT and I gobbled them up.

The cookies are made with Chex cereal, sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter. That chocolatey goodness on top is chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter and vanilla. They are chewy and crunchy and incredibly sweet. The only purpose these cookies have is to taste good and make you chubby. If you can't have 'em on Superbowl Sunday, when can you have them?

I hesitate to mention the lovely weather we are having. I'm afraid if I say that we are having a mild winter, Mother Nature will hear me and cast her vengeance upon us. And that stupid groundhog did see his shadow in Pennsylvania, so we're supposed to have six more weeks of winter anyway. If the winter is equal to how it's been in January and the first two days of February, sign me up.

I had to go to the bank at noon (we collected the rent!), then I decided to go to a local park to eat and read a book. It was a little chilly for me to sit outside, so I sat in my car with the windows open a little. It was nice to be out of the office and it was a beautiful day.






When I got home tonight I felt tired and without energy, so I laid on my bed and read a book for half an hour or so. It was nice. I made dinner and then watched Jane the Virgin. I didn't think I liked any character better than I like Jane, but her dad Rogelio is pretty quickly becoming my favorite character. He is hilarious and kind of sweet.


The show is full of ridiculously good-looking people.


I do not recommend that you just jump in and start watching the show. You must start from the start because every episode builds on the previous one and you have to know the characters from the beginning to appreciate them. The show is completely adorable and wonderful in all ways. Do I sound like too much of a fan-girl? I can't help it! Watch a couple of episodes and fall in love <3 br="">

1 comment:

emtes said...

When are their 50th anniversary? It's such an achievment to stay together for such a long time. It's really worth GOLD :-) My Mom and my stepfather also celebrated their 50th anniversary but they were both quite sick then. Mom in Alzheimer and Olle with other stuff. He just lived for one more year after that.