Friday, February 6, 2015

#1366 Uptown Funk

Oops! I missed writing on Wednesday the 4th. I have a valid excuse, though. I was ill with a cold and couldn't seem to maintain an upright position :) I came home early from work, took some medicine and went straight to bed. I slept for several hours and woke up groggy and disoriented with a runny nose, a wheeze in my chest and an aching body. I ate some dinner, took some more medicine and went right back to bed where I slept soundly though the night. I was back at work on Thursday, still feeling a little yucky, but better than Wednesday. Today I feel fine.

I'm slightly obsessed with the song Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars. There are several reasons for my obsession. First, I love Bruno Mars. I pretty much love everything about him. I wouldn't leave MT for him, but I love his style and his music and he seems like a cool, funky fellow. Second, I love funk. I do! Some of my favorite playlists on Songza.com are in the funk genre. The music makes you want to wriggle your body all around and dance. Third, the video is just lots of fun to watch. I smile the whole time. Fourth, the line "Smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy." Genius.

Please use the next four and a half minutes to channel some funk into your lives. :) Happy weekend!


No comments: