Monday, February 16, 2015

#1371 SNL40



I've been a little tired today because I stayed up past my bedtime last night. I had to stay up because I was watching the Saturday Night Live 40th anniversary special.

When I was a kid, I remember begging my mom to let me stay up to watch the show. I remember really liking Mr. Bill. I remember Gilda Radner and John Belushi, Dan Akroyd and Chevy Chase. And don't forget Steve Martina and Jane Curtain. Of course, I was just a little kid at the time, so I don't remember much about details.

Over the years, I have watched SNL at times. It's hasn't been a show that I can't miss, but it's been nice to know that it's always there. What I find remarkable about it is that even during "off" years, there seems to be "stars". I think it's also funny that every decade you hear that SNL is dead, but here it is, 40 years on the air. Awesome.

The special was, in fact, special. There were some skits that were star-studded and damn comical. I really liked the Jeopardy skit and the Wayne's World skit. I loved the opening with Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake. I also really enjoyed Martin Short and "Beyonce". Bill Murray killed with his Jaws song. And it was awesome to see Amy Poehler, Tina Fey and Jane Curtain doing Weekend Update.

I smiled for three and a half hours. I teared up during the In Memoriam. So much talent gone too soon: Chris Farley, John Belushi, Phil Hartman and Gilda Radner, to name a few.

I decided that Eddie Murphy is like the Michael Jordan of SNL. :)

If you didn't see the whole show, try to find some clips. I'm sure they will be available online. Check it out!



1 comment:

Kteach said...

Oh I watched the whole thing, and is funny because I had actually seen all the original clips, for many many years I watched it every Saturday night. The last few years I watch it when there's a host or guest that I want to see.

Jeopardy skits always makes me laugh out loud!