Saturday, February 14, 2015

#1370 Valentine's Day






I've been doing a lot of stuff today.

First stop was WW. As predicted, I did gain last week. I'm embarrassed to tell you how much, but if I'm happy to tell you losses, I need to be straight up about gains: I was up 1.6 lbs. GAH! Not good. Too much crap, not enough water and no movement.

Next I went to the Red Cross to give blood. It didn't go well. I donate blood regularly and I know my veins and I have never had a problem filling the bag and giving the blood samples. I had a problem today, though. I gave whole blood and I filled the bag in about 9 minutes, which is pretty standard for me, but when it was done, it was like my vein shut off. There was no more blood to give. This was a problem because they take four tubes for sampling. Usually it happens without me even realizing it, but today, since the blood taker couldn't fill the tubes, she called another guy to come help her. He was skibbling the needle around in my arm (which does not feel good at all) and still couldn't get more blood to flow. They tried the other arm. I have a nice juicy vein on my right arm too, but it would not produce a drop of blood into the tube. A third guy was called over to assist. He said, "Don't you usually donate a double red? I recognize you and we've never had a problem before have we?" Yes, I usually donate a double red and not we've never had a problem. I walked out of there with band-aids on both arms and bruises. too.

The next part of the day was better. My BFF LA and her husband had come into town so Rob could buy a bike frame. He's really into cycling. The cool part was that we got to have lunch with them! LA looks amazing. She has lost a lot of weight. Her hair is really long and she colored it dark brown. Her hair looks gorgeous with her fair skin and blue eyes. I just felt so schlumpy next to her, but I still love her :) And I'm proud of her too. I know she worked hard and made a lot of sacrifices to lose the weight and get healthy.

This evening I made a nice Valentine's Day dinner for MT and myself. We had New York strip steak that I marinated in Worcestershire sauce and garlic. We had prosciutto-wrapped asparagus and roasted butternut squash and green beans. I sprinkled the squash and green beans with a little olive oil, some salt and pepper and a bit of garam masala seasoning. YUM! I'd also made an earthquake cake (the hater's way) for dessert. I'd been wanting to make the cake since my aunts brought one over at Christmas. It tasted pretty good. (And yes...I know that the stupid cake is not the right thing when I'm stressing about my weight and general schlumpiness.)

You may be wondering where T was during all this time. Well, in the morning, he was sleeping. In the afternoon, he was sleeping again (I think to avoid a chore that I wanted him to do). While we were eating dinner, he decided to go out and was going to get himself some Panda Express. There was a long line though, so he came home and I made him some shrimp and noodles, which is what I was going to do anyway. I just decided not to make them for MT and I since we were doing the veggies.

I ended up the night, just before signing on to write, by chatting with my mom. My dad had a bit of a medical problem this morning and I wanted to find out what was going on. He got some treatment and I'm hopeful that everything will be ok.

That's all I've got for today. I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day <3 p="">
I finished a book! Please check out the 2015 Reading List page.

No comments: