Tuesday, June 2, 2015

#1455 heard in the breakroom

The other day I was having my lunch in the breakroom at the office. I was nearly finished with my break when a couple of my co-workers, R and V, came in. They were laughing and chatting and I heard R say, "What's in a name anyway?"

V laughs.

R: What is that from? It's from a movie or something. What's in a name? It's famous.

me: Shakespeare! (but only in my head because I didn't really want to get involved in the conversation.)

V: I don't know. You're crazy.

R: No I'm not! I've heard it somewhere. Man, it's right on the tip of my tongue.

me: Romeo and Juliet! "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." or something like that. (again, all in my head).

R: GRRRR. Where did I hear that?

V: Forget about it and eat lunch.

R: I've got it!

me: Finally! Shakespeare! (in my head)

R: The Lion King!

V: Huh?

me: Shakespeare. And Disney. (in my head)

R: You know The Lion King! You've seen it!

V: Like 30 years ago. I don't remember.

R: Yeah when those two little guys find the lion and they sing that song. (She then fumbles through some humming and mumbles something that sounds like "maroona patata".)

V: (kinda of yelling) HAKUNA MATATA! It's Hakuna Matata, you nut.

At this point, I have to leave the breakroom because it is all I can do to not burst out laughing at these two, plus now the Hakuna Matata song was right in my head and mainly the part where Timon does indeed say, "What's in a name?"

Do you remember that part in the movie? It's when Pumbaa is feeling sad because of his gas that can "clear the savannah after every meal".

I'm a sensitive soul, though I seem thick-skinned
And it hurt that my friends never stood downwind
Oh! The shame!
   He was ashamed! (That's Timon)
Thought of changing my name!
   Oh what's in a name? (Timon sings)
And I got downhearted
Every time that I...
   Pumbaa! Not in front of the kids! (Timon again)
Oh sorry





No comments: