Thursday, June 4, 2015

#1456 TBT a birthday pic

Tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be 49. I don't really know what 49 is supposed to be like. I don't know if I act my age or look my age. I don't really care about that stuff. I'm not really hung up on the age thing, I guess. It's just a thing. Maybe next year it will be a little more freaky. 50 for me. T will graduate from high school. MT will be 55. 

Ok, so next year I may be more wound up about the birthday thing, but not this year.

For the past couple of years, we have left for our family vacation a few days after my birthday, so I don't really even think about birthday because I'm trying to get stuff done at work and looking forward to going on vacation. This year is no exception!

Speaking of work, it's been a weird week and today was a weird day. The power went out in the building in the afternoon due to an accident in the area. First the lights went off in my office, but my computer was still working. I could hear people in the main area kind of freaking out because I work in an accounting office and today was our final day to close May business. Pretty tough to do without computers and printers and scanners, let me tell ya.

Like I said though, my computer was still working so I was getting on with the work when suddenly, my screens flickered. My left screen went blank, but my right screen was still on. For a moment and then it went dark and my computer was off and there was silence in my room.

My boss called the corporate office and got an extension for our deadlines and everyone went home. Except me (wah). I didn't get an extension on the project I had due today, so I was able to just work on my laptop through the battery. I also had to wait for someone else to give me the information and he was out of the office and had to come back in. The good news is that I was able to get everything done with the exception of printing reports and scanning/emailing stuff to corporate, but I will be able to do those things easily in the morning, provided the power is back up.

When I got home, I changed my clothes and went to the gym, got a tan then came home for dinner (I had a beer) and watched the end of the first game of the NBA Finals. I'd like to see the Warriors win, I think, but I like LeBron so I wouldn't mind if the Cavs win either. Game 1 was good. Overtime and the Warriors take it.

Now it's time for bed, but it is throwback Thursday, so here's a pic of two year old me on my birthday:


3 comments:

Pappy1 said...

What a lovely sweet little lady.

emtes said...

So cute and you still are! Happy birthday Sandy and I hope you will have a great day.
I remember when I turned 50. I treated my family and friends (all in all 35 people, all grown ups) to a luxurious cruise to Ă…land. Loved it! I didn't have to do anything but being courted :-)

Big puss och kram from your aunt in Sweden. Love you <3

Mia

Lizzie said...

cute pic!