Monday, November 9, 2015

#1540 simple pleasures

Yesterday I was thinking about how fast time passes and how easy it is to get all caught up in whatever is happening. You can forget to savor little moments or be grateful for small, simple comforts.  So yesterday, I decided to slow down and notice a few things.

MT was at the fixer upper and T was at work. The house was quiet. I had a bunch of things that I wanted to do, but I was moving slow since I STILL feel like crap. I've got a cold or something that has plagued me for a month. (More on that tomorrow. Today is for positive thoughts.)

Here is a list of the simple pleasures that I took a moment to savor yesterday:
A warm leisurely shower
Lovely smelling shower gel and matching lotion
Soft fluffy warm bathrobe that was a gift
The smell of roasting meat and veggies

Today I was pleased by taking a nap in the afternoon after my doctor appointment. I snuggled under the blanket, my dog cuddled up to me, I could smell the essential oil diffusing into the air and I had a good sleep for a couple of hours.

Now I'm watching one of my favorite movies, Hitch. I pretty much watch this movie whenever it is on TV. The scenes with Allegra and Albert are the best.

Take the time to appreciate the little things.  :)




No comments: