Wednesday, December 2, 2015

#1562 it's just sad and wrong

Have you ever had one of those days when you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed and you're just out of sorts all day? Today was that day for me. I woke up grouchy and never really got over it. Well, I'm mostly over it now, but it was a rough day. I couldn't really put my finger on why I was grouchy, I just was.

Around lunchtime I got a news notice from CNN that there was an "active shooter" situation in San Bernardino, California, and I just kind of lost it. I got so mad about the situation. What the hell is going on in our country. There are so many mass shootings in the US - over 300 so far this year. (You can check it out here or here or here.) The gun violence is out of control :(

I don't know what the answer is to figuring out this country's gun violence issues. It's easy to say the gun control is the way to go, but I'm not sure about that. Drugs are illegal, but people can still get them, so why would guns be any different?

I just know that hearing about more than one person getting shot every few days is horrifying. Although the mass shootings don't strictly fall in line with the definition of terrorism, I think the gun violence is damn terrifying.

Sorry to be such a downer on my first post of the month. Thoughts and prayers to San Bernardino.

No comments: