Saturday, March 12, 2016

#1623 am I still hungry or am I just a piggie?

Today was my weigh-in day at WW. I gained one pound. I wasn't surprised. It wasn't that I wasn't diligent or thoughtful about what I was eating during the week, but after a big weight loss week like I had previously, I'm not surprised when my body readjusts the next week. Gotta keep working the plan and stay focused on the goal.

The meeting topic this week was about eating meals at certain times and paying attention to when you are hungry and when you are full. Sometimes stopping when you are full is hard because the food tastes so good. I find myself continuing to eat after I'm full. I know I'm not the only one who does it. Why do I do it? Sometimes the food doesn't even taste that great to me when I'm full, but I finish it off anyway. Sometimes when there are leftovers, I'll pick at the food when I'm full almost like I will never get to eat it again or simply because it's there and I can eat it.

On the subject of eating at certain times, we talked about eating something every three to four hours. It's a good thought, but you definitely have to plan for that when you are budgeting points. I have found that I am most successful about staying within my daily points when I plan and track ahead of time. For example, in the evening or first thing in the morning, I will take some time to pre-track what I will eat. It helps with lunch packing, too. Weekends are the hardest time for me. It's difficult to plan my meal times and meals because the three of us are doing our own things and we are not on a schedule.

There's always something to work on and pay attention to. I'm looking forward to a good weight loss week!

~~~~~~

I finished this book! Check out the 2016 Reading List page.


No comments: