Sunday, April 24, 2016

#1653 Sunday stroll - Decker Lake

I thought that it would be rainy all weekend, but today the skies were clear, even though the temperature was quite a bit cooler than it was late last week. I did a few chores around the house, then I decided to take a walk in the afternoon. Using the list from the Intermountain Healthcare website, I chose a walk that was short, easy and fairly close to my house: Decker Lake.

I've driven past Decker Lake thousands of times probably, and I knew there was a trail around the lake, but I've never been there before. The lake is right beside I-215, so you hear a lot of freeway noise, but the trail is nice and fairly flat. It is mostly a gravel path, but it's level. I wouldn't say it's the prettiest place to walk, but it is fine for me because it's close to home and there's water and birds. I saw a family of Canadian geese along with what I can only assume is the surrogate grandma goose who decided to adopt the family. Click on the photo to enlarge the image and check out the goose on the left. Not Canadian.

goose family
If you don't already know, I completely love the Wasatch Mountains. They are rugged and beautiful and extremely photogenic. If I can get them in a photo, I will. In the photo below, you can see the snow line is shrinking. I'm good with that because it means warmer weather.

view of the Wasatch Mountains from the west side of Decker Lake
The Oquirrh Mountains are pretty too. They are not as rugged as the Wasatch, but I still like them. I like the clouds in the next photo.

Oquirrh Mountains from northeast side of Decker Lake
There are lots of grasses and foliage around the lake for the birds and ducks to live in. I like the different colors in this next photo.

Decker Lake
The walk took about half an hour and was about a mile and a half or so. I kept stopping to take photos, and I'm not a fast walker anyway. I prefer a nice stroll.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: