Sunday, May 29, 2016

#1685 quality time at IMC

This morning when I woke up there was a text from my mom saying that Dad was feeling really weak and was blacking out and we needed to get to the emergency room. Lizzie and I got ourselves together in a hurry and we were over to the hotel and on to the hospital lickety-split.

The ER at Intermountain Medical Center wasn't too busy and they were able to get Dad right in to a room and a doctor saw him very quickly. He needed to have an infusion of blood. Meanwhile, since Lizzie was at the ER anyway, she decided to see a doctor about her leg. She was also seen very quickly. Her injury was as we suspected - a torn or severely strained hamstring muscle. There's really no treatment for that type of injury other than RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. She can take Ibuprofen for the pain. She has already been doing all those things.

We were at the hospital for several hours. Dad got fixed up and was released. We went back to the hotel so Mom and Dad could get a little rest. Lizzie and I came back to my house until Dad called and asked us to bring over some dinner. We picked up some take-out and the three of us, including MT, went over to the hotel to have dinner in the room with the folks.

Never a dull moment!

I did finish a book today:


When we got back home after dinner, we watched the movie version. I saw the movie when it came out in theaters and I thought it was fantastic, but I have to tell you...the book is even better. If you have a chance, I definitely recommend it.


No comments: