Friday, June 24, 2016

#1698 sedated

It's been a busy morning. First of all, what am I doing writing during the day?  The answer is I took the day off because we are going to the family reunion. MT wants to leave early, so I figured I'd just take the day off to get ready so we won't have to leave too late.

It's a good thing, too, because last night I noticed that Osi has an owie on her right front paw. It's foxtail time and our yard is full of them. Those ugly weeds get in between her toes and stuck in her fur. I try to get them out, but as she moves, the foxtails move more deeply into wherever they are stuck. When I took Osi to the groomer on Sunday, the girl said she found several foxtails and thought she had got them all. Maybe she did, but Osi picked up more this week and one of them was causing her enough trouble that she was licking and chewing on her foot.

Fortunately, I was able to get her in to see her regular vet, Dr. Paul, early this morning. The bad news was that Dr. Paul had to sedate Osi in order to take care of all the foxtails. We go through this every year about this time. It's no fun, but it has to be done. Osi is home now, but she's still coming out of the sedative and she hasn't got complete control of her limbs just yet. If she stops walking, she kind of leans and her feet slip out and then she's laying down.

I was planning to take her to doggie daycare, but I'm going to wait for another hour or so until she's more "with it." Poor little hound dog.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: