Sunday, July 17, 2016

#1717 slow Sunday

I was on sloooooow motion today. I was kind of restless through the night and didn't sleep very well. My dog woke me up around 6:30 and I remember letting her outside and coming back up to bed. I woke up around 9:30. MT was still in bed, too, which is pretty unusual for him. I felt bad about leaving Osi outside for so long, but she was lying in the shade on the grass and seemed content. She sprinted into the house when I opened the door though.

MT and I had a nice day hanging out together. We went over to the fixer to turn on the sprinklers, then we went grocery shopping and back to the fixer to turn off the sprinklers. I took some photos. I promise that I'll do a before and after post this week, but it won't be today.



I made some BLTs for lunch, then we went to see the new Ghostbusters. I thought it was great. It was funny and gave respect to the original movie. I loved the cast, too. I'm pretty sure Kristen Wiig should be in everything. And Chris Hemsworth...he's perfect as Kevin. MT fell fast asleep during the first 30-40 minutes. He was full of sandwiches and licorice. At least he didn't snore. He thought it was slow to start, but I disagree. I was thoroughly entertained throughout the film.

When I got home, though, I laid down on my bed to read and woke up an hour or so later. Do you know how good it felt to take a nap? Glorious.

For dinner I made beef stroganoff which was fantastic. I read for a few minutes, then I had to come upstairs to tackle our financial situation. It's grim but we'll survive, especially if we can get that fixer sold. Keeping my fingers crossed for a sale!

Where was T today, you may be asking? He was at work. He was supposed to work the afternoon shift, but the person he traded shifts with did not come in, plus one of his co-workers was sent home for drinking on the job, so that left T and one other person to cover the shop in the evening. He got home around 10 pm. He seems a little bitter about it. On the bright side, he has the next four days off, so it's probably not that bad.

Mostly it was a good day, but there are so many things I had on my to-do list today that didn't get done. One of those things is 8,000 steps. I'm not even close today. I did get it yesterday, by the way, but I wasn't even worrying about it today. I think I needed to chill.

Hope you all had a good weekend! Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: