Friday, August 19, 2016

#1739 spending money

Let me tell you why I didn't write last night: I was spending money with my son.

He will be starting school at the University of Utah on Monday, so we needed to buy a parking pass. He had picked out the cheapest one, bless his little heart, but as we looked at it a little more, we found that there were a lot of restrictions on the cheap pass. Plus the parking lot was extremely far from where his classes are. One of the things we did was look at where the buildings are were his classes will be held. I think seeing those buildings made it all very real for T. It was fun to watch him smile and get kind of excited about the thought of school.

We ended up with a parking pass that was a mid-range price. It seems like there are lots of parking options for that type of pass. T and I are planning to go up to the U on Sunday to check out the parking and wander around to find the buildings where his classes will be. Oh my gosh! I can't believe my kid is starting college on Monday!

The other thing that we did last night was listen to T's sales pitch. He started working through Vector Marketing selling Cutco knives. I'll be honest with you - I was not excited for him to do this kind of work, but he seems to like it and it was fun to watch him very earnestly try to talk me into buying very expensive knives. I was absolutely NOT going to buy anything, but in the end, I did end up getting a couple of knives. I realized that I haven't bought myself any knives. My mom and dad gave me the knives I have. They are good, but they are getting dull. Yes, it would have been less expensive to go buy a sharpener or even some new knives from Costco or Kohls or even Target. I'm hoping that T's sales pitch is all true and that I'm gonna love my Cutco. I'll let you know :)

I'll be back with more words tomorrow. Talk to you then!


No comments: