Monday, February 27, 2017

#1824 back to work

I went back to work today! I considered it a cruel twist from Mother Nature that after mostly pleasant weather while I was off work, she chose to make it snow a lot today when I had to go to the office. That's what I get, I suppose, when I said out loud that I was glad I would miss the winter storm months of January and February.  Didn't quite make it out of February!

It was kind of strange being back in the office. It's the same, but it's weird when you haven't been there for six weeks. I know I'll fall right back in the groove of it. Today I worked from 7:30 to 11:30 because I had a PT appointment at 12:30. For the rest of the two weeks, though, I'll work 9:00 to 1:00.  I'd like to do a little stretching in the morning before work, then I'll be able to do some when I get home too. The schedule is throwing my meal times out of whack, so that's something else to factor into my routine.

For example, today I grabbed some deli sliced ham for breakfast. I also had some hot cereal that I took with me to work, but I didn't eat that. When I got home, I had to quickly change and go to PT. Those appointments last about 90 minutes so by the time I got home just after 2:00, I was really hungry! I had some leftovers from yesterday (tacos), then I had to take a nap. I was so tired! I was reading and I could barely keep my eyes open. When MT got home around 5:30 or so, I was awake but not hungry. He had some tacos for dinner. It's 8:00 now and I'm not hungry but I am tired and will probably go to bed in an hour or so. I'll figure it all out just when I go back to working full time. :)

Did you see the end of the Oscars last night? La La Land had been announced Best Picture and speeches were made. A commotion broke out on stage as people were running all around and one of the La La Land producers announced that there had been a mistake and the real winner was Moonlight. It was chaos. I've never seen anything like it. At first I thought it was the presenter's fault, but apparently they were given the wrong envelope. They had the Best Actress envelope, but the actress who won that award said she had her envelope in her hand the whole time. Are there multiple envelopes for the awards? Regardless, I was happy for Moonlight to win, although I did like La La Land quite a lot. Moonlight was a remarkable film (I wrote about it in post #1822, if you're interested in my thoughts) but seeing it once was enough. Heavy stuff. I would watch La La Land again. My favorite movie that I saw that was nominated for Best Picture was Hidden Figures. It's really wonderful. Here's an interesting tidbit: two of the actors from Hidden Figures are also in Moonlight. Those two films could not be more different!

Happy Fat Tuesday tomorrow. Go ahead and eat a donut because Lent starts on Wednesday. I don't have a religious bone in my body, but sometimes I like to give something up during Lent. I don't know if I will this year. I'll probably have a donut tomorrow though!

No comments: