Friday, May 5, 2017

#1865 foodie Friday: tacorama



Today at work we had our annual Tacorama feast. It's a tradition I started a long time ago. Everyone seems to like it, because tacos are delicious, of course, and it's fairly easy to do.

Where did Tacorama come from, you may ask. When MT and I were in college, we wanted to have a party at our apartment. We wanted to invite friends and have food and drinks. We decided that tacos would be the way to go. We provided the meat and we asked our friends to bring something to go put in the tacos and something to drink. One person or couple would bring flour tortillas, another would bring lettuce and so on. We always had what we needed for tacos and plenty of beer.

That's kind of what was going on at work, except without the beer. The company would provide the meat, then we had a sign-up sheet for everyone to bring some taco-related item. In the past few years, though, we have skipped the sign-up sheet and the company has provided everything. I typically cook the meat because it's something I can do at home. We usually have Tacorama on May 5, which is often right smack in the middle of our month end close process. Sometimes bringing in the cooked meat is about all I can do since I get busy in the first week of the month. Today I was able to participate more fully and it's fun to put on a lunch for the group. It's mostly an admin group lunch, but there is usually plenty for any other employee who is in the building and looking for food.

I was going to take a photo of the food spread, but I forgot all about the photo when the people started coming in to eat. You'll just have to believe me when I say that there was plenty of food, the layout looked nice and the food tasted good. There were a lot of tummies full of tacos at the office this afternoon!

No comments: