Friday, June 9, 2017

#1880 my new toy

The company I work for has a healthy lifestyle partner that offers Apple watches as a health/fitness incentive. The plan was introduced right around the time I had my knee surgery, and many of my co-workers got an Apple watch at that time.

I have had a Fitbit for three years and I like it a lot, so I didn't jump on the Apple watch wagon. Lately though, my Fitbit has started to come apart. The band starts to come apart and parts of it sort of flop around. It only gets worse and it can't be repaired. It happened to my first Fitbit within the year it was purchased, so I emailed Fitbit and they sent me a new one since it was under warranty. The second one not under warranty anymore, so I decided to go ahead and get the Apple watch. It arrived today.

Tonight I set it up. It seems pretty fancy. I'm excited to have a new toy, I think. When I got the Fitbit, it was the toy I never knew I always wanted. I liked it a whole bunch! The Apple Watch can do about a jillion more things than the Fitbit, plus you can buy other bands for it to change up the look. Lots of the ladies in the office have cute bands that they bought for not a lot of cash on Amazon. I'm pretty sure I'll be looking into those options, too.

Most of all, I hope that I am motivated to walk more and get back on my fitness and weight loss track. I'm planning to get back to the gym. Until just a few minutes ago, I was going to go to spinning on Monday, but the Cavs just won game 4 of the NBA Finals and game 5 will be Monday night. I'll have to go for a walk on Monday instead of spinning because I'll have to watch basketball. :)


No comments: