Saturday, June 10, 2017

#1881 Saturday with Sandy: walk, work and baseball

I started out my day with a nice walk to Weight Watchers. I had on my new toy (Apple watch) and I was going to track the activity, but I didn't do it right. I didn't realize I had to scroll through three screens before I got to the "Start Activity" button. Oh well. It still tracked the activity and counted all the steps. I'm still learning.

MT picked me up from the meeting because I needed to get home to have something to eat and get ready for work. Yes, work. On Saturday. The project that I have been involved in since September is finally going live on Monday, so today we were doing our final testing. It was really strange to be the only person in that big building. All buildings creak and make some noises and it was kind of freaking me out. I closed the door to my office and turned up the music. I'd mute it when someone was talking - we were doing a Skype meeting during the testing. Mostly it was quiet but sometimes people would have something to say. The good news is that the system seems to be working very well. Some little things were identified and the coder guy said they would be all fixed by Monday. It's a good project.

This afternoon I had a little downtime before MT and I went to the Salt Lake Bees baseball game. Granite has a suite at the ballpark, so we met some co-worker friends there. It was a beautiful night and a we had a good time.  All the other people that were there have younger kids - all boys except for one little girl. It was fun to watch them and listen to their chatter.

I really like Sunday because typically it is the one day of the week that I don't set an alarm. I usually wake up early anyway, but it's nice to know that I can sleep until I just wake up. Of course I have a full list of things I need to get done tomorrow, but I'll try to have a little fun, too.

Hope your Saturday was a good one!

No comments: