Sunday, June 11, 2017

#1882 movie matinee: The Mummy



It has been awhile since I went to the movies. I think the last movie MT and I saw together was The Circle. It had Tom Hanks and Emma Watson. It wasn't great, but that was when I saw the preview for The Mummy. I thought it looked fun and mindless - a good summer show. The Mummy opened this weekend, and MT said he would go with me, so we went to see it this afternoon.

Usually I'm not a big fan of action/adventure movies, but action/adventure movies seem to be the most common genre to come out in the summer. I was entertained by The Mummy. Tom Cruise plays Nick, a soldier/fortune hunter who along with his buddy Vail, stumble across an ancient Egyptian tomb in the Iraqi village of Haram. Somehow an archaeologist named Jenny who Nick had a fling with shows up in Haram too and they go into the giant hole where this tomb is. Little do they know that removing the sarcophagus subjects London to a really scary mummy with a hot body.

There are zombies and rats and spiders and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. There are scenes that made me jump in my seat and scenes that made me giggle a little. It was a good couple of hours for me. MT thought it was "just all right." He watches way more action/adventure than I do.

I like Tom Cruise movies lately. He's got another movie coming out later this year that I will probably see. I think it's called American Made. I also saw a preview for Murder on the Orient Express. I'll definitely see that one! I like Agatha Christie stories! I remember reading the book a long time ago.

Another thing I did today was watch Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final. The Pittsburgh Penguins won, beating the Nashville Predators. I wasn't really rooting for either team. I only watch the Stanley Cup Final and then only when I remember that it is on. The games I watched during this Final were fun. I loved the energy in Nashville. Looks like a good hockey town.

Now, all of a sudden, it is 9:30 pm. Sundays go by so fast!

No comments: