Thursday, June 15, 2017

#1886 a fail and a win at the same time?

This morning I woke up super early (4:45) so I could go to a strength training class at the gym that starts at 5:30. Last night before I went to bed, I got out my gym clothes including shoes and socks, so I wouldn't disturb MT too much. I was proud of my prepping!

With my water bottle filled and a towel to dry myself off after my workout, I headed over to the gym with plenty of time to spare. I sat there waiting for other people to show up. Finally, one fit-looking woman appeared. I said hi to her and she nodded and walked on by. A few minutes later I realized that the woman had gone into the workout room, so I went in also. The woman was the instructor. We were the only two people there at 5:35. I told her that it was my first time back and I was a little intimidated by being the only person, so if her payment did not depend on whether she taught the class, I would just go for a walk.

That's what ended up happening. We chatted for about 10 minutes waiting for someone else to show up. No one did, so we split. As I was walking I had lots of time to think because I didn't have any earbuds with me. Maybe I should have gone ahead and had one-on-one time with her. It probably would have been fine. She was nice, but I was kind of nervous and I didn't want to have her whole attention focused on me. I will go back to the class again. Hopefully other people will show up or I'll just have to go in the evening. I'll have to figure out a routine I guess.

I ended up learning a couple of things:

1. Always have earbuds with you!

2. I'm kind of wimpy. Most people would take the private lesson, I think.

At least I went for a walk! It was a little chilly and quiet, but it was nice.

Well, tomorrow is another day.

No comments: