Sunday, July 1, 2018

#2059 World Cup



Like many people in the world, I have been following the World Cup. I have found that I like to listen to the matches while I'm at work, streaming on the radio. I watch on TV when I can. I will certainly watch the final!

I've made myself a little bracket so I can keep track of what's happening. This weekend, of course, was the beginning of the knock-out round, the Round of 16. I'm very sorry to say that my favorite team, Spain, was knocked out this morning by Russia. I was also hoping that Argentina would advance, but they were knocked out by France yesterday. Is it terrible to say that I'm kind of glad Uruguay knocked out Portugal? I don't really like Cristiano Ronaldo. (I may be the only woman in the world who says that.)

I don't know who I hope will win. It would be fun to see Mexico beat Brazil, and I think I would choose Sweden over Switzerland in deference to my family in Sweden. Columbia and England should be interesting. I don't know anything about Belgium and Japan. I was happy for Croatia to beat Denmark today. Not that I have anything against Denmark, certainly. I guess I will just cheer match-by-match since Spain is out.

Sports are awesome!


No comments: