Saturday, June 30, 2018

#2058 June wrap-up

I'd say that June was mostly pretty great; there was definitely more good and fun than bad and crappy. Let's recap:


  • Mom and Lizzie came to visit!
    • Sightseeing included Red Butte Garden, GilGal Garden and Antelope Island with a "bonus" trip to and from Provo for good measure
    • French food and hamburgers!
  • Live music!
    • MT, Lizzie and I saw Ryan Adams in concert at Red Butte Garden 
    • I saw Michael Franti at RBG (volunteer work after the show)
  • MT and I spent a couple of days in San Francisco!
    • We went to see the Giants play the Padres
    • We spent a glorious afternoon at Angel Island and on Alcatraz
    • We had a terrific meal at Brenda's French Soul Food (my mouth still waters thinking about it) 
  • T is home and healthy and without wisdom teeth 
  • Osi didn't have a great month
    • She had seizures for two days early in the month
    • She got a foxtail in her eye and had to wear the Cone of Shame
    • Petsmart won't groom her because she can't remain standing for 90% of the time
  • Major repairs to two of our cars
    • Air conditioning in my car
    • Brakes on T's car
  • I volunteered at RBG 31.75 hours in June 
  • I read five books
  • I saw three movies
  • I gained 1.4 lbs, (all San Francisco's fault!)
  • I celebrated my birthday
July is shaping up to be fun, too. 
  • With my new concert volunteer gig, live music is the theme of the summer. In July I will go to at least once concert every week!
    • Two Bluebird Cafe shows at Sundance
    • Jackson Brown at RBG
    • an 80's show with Belinda Carlisle, ABC and Modern English at RBG (volunteer work)
    • DRAKE at Vivint Arena
  • July has TWO holidays (here in Utah, anyway!)
I hope you all had a great month and have fun plans for July. Summer rules!!




No comments: