Monday, June 9, 2008

#124 bamboo wind-chimes

In 2006 on our first vacation, one of the places we visited was Antigua. While we were wandering through the streets of St. Johns, we found a couple of stores that sold wind-chimes. There were all sizes and materials, but the ones that MT liked the best were made of bamboo. Their chime is a deep, rich sound, and he really liked them. Did he buy one? No. He thought he would find some on the next island. It's the one purchase he really regrets not making. He felt so bad about it, I felt sorry for him. On Father's Day that year, T and I found a nice bamboo wind chime at Lowe's and we got it for him., but it wasn't the same. We hung it up anyway.

Lowe's - 2006

In 2007 we went to Mexico. While wandering through a souvenir shop in Xel-Ha, MT found a beautiful, large bamboo wind-chime. He wIouldn't make the same mistake he made on Antigua. He brought the giant wind-chime home. It's sound is lovely.

Mexico - 2007

This year's wind-chime came from the Dominican Republic. MT found it on the last day of vacation in a gift shop at the amber museum. It's smaller, but cute. The other day I saw a little sparrow sitting on it, swinging in the breeze.

Dominican Republic - 2008

I was sitting outside this evening after the dishes were all cleaned up, listening to the wind-chimes and the rustle of the aspen leaves, and thinking about my dad. He went home yesterday, arriving there today. He would often sit outside in the evening if the air was nice. I hardly ever do that. I'm either lounging in front of the TV or doing some chore or messing around on my computer. It was nice to take a few minutes and sit outside. Of course, I couldn't sit still for long. I grabbed my camera and snapped these pictures and thought of words.

~~

I joined Weight Watchers on Saturday. It's hard to make good choices. It's much easier to eat badly. I'll be ok, though. I can do this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing awesome...your lunch choice was fantastic! Keep up the good work, your butt is looking smaller already!