Sunday, June 15, 2008

#125 pounds, pavers and putts

First things first: I had my weigh-in at Weight Watchers on Saturday. I dropped eight pounds! I was totally thrilled! I tried really hard all week to stay on my points, and to add fruits and vegetables to my diet, and to pay attention to what I was eating, and I'm really happy with the results. I was expecting to lose between three and five pounds, so when the lady said, "Whoa girl! Nice job! You're down eight!" I was so excited I kind of gently whacked her. I apologized and she laughed.

I know that I can't expect another eight pounds this week; I'll be happy with two, but I'll work hard for three. I'm weighing in on Thursday night this week because we'll be having fun in Wyoming this weekend and I won't be able to make the Saturday morning meeting.

While I'm on the subject of weight, I have to say that I've expanded my eating horizons a little and I now like strawberries. The fruit is in season now, so I bought some. The other night we had a little strawberry shortcake and that was nice. Today I had strawberries dipped in Nutella. That was delicious! It was a little pricey, points-wise, but it was so good, it was worth it!

~~
This week we received a notice from the city that our weeds exceeded the acceptable height and that we need to do some landscaping. MT has been whacking weeds and I've helped (a little). Today we went to Home Depot and bought some landscaping things. MT wants to have a path along the driveway to the backyard, so we bought pavers and sand. I think if we work on it every night, we can probably have it done this week. Then we want to plant some sod between the path and Spencer's house, and I want to plant a tree. (No, I haven't yet planted the tree I bought when Dad was here, but I will!) I'll post a picture when the path is complete.

~~
Tiger Woods is unbelievable. The guy is just so amazing. He makes golf look so easy, it's sick. He was just spectacular on Saturday, with an eagle on 13 and on 18 to take the lead. I'm not even going to mention that chip shot that went in the hole on 17. Sheesh! Then today, losing the lead late in the round, only to birdie 18 to force the playoff tomorrow. He's so cool. The guy he'll play tomorrow, Rocco Mediate, seems like a good guy. I would be okay if Rocco wins, but I'm pulling for Tiger.

Listening to Rocco speak after the match, MT and I decided that he's a guy we'd have over for dinner. He seems like a nice man. I wouldn't invite Kobe Bryant over for dinner. I really don't like him. But that's another story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations on losing 8 pounds, that's a big deal! I'm so proud of you! Keep it up!

emtes said...

Congratulations on losing that much weight in just one week. I know how hard it is so keep up the good work.I went down and bought dogfood and it was 33 pounds and I could hardly carry it. It was so heavy. Then I realized that I had been carrying that weight for a couple of years and then it struck me how much that is and how hard my body had to work. Soon you will see the rewards of losing it. I can't encourage you enough but hang on to it even though sometimes you fall through. I also wish grey and mamacita good luck with your weightloss. I love you regardless.
Hugs and happy midsummer.