Wednesday, July 1, 2009

#264 July already?

It seems like this year is flying by! June went by in a flash. It seems like only yesterday I spent the afternoon at the spa, but it was nearly 30 days ago. Guess that means I can make an appointment for another massage. Or pedicure. Or facial!

I didn't do very well on posting in May and June, so I'll try to post every day in July. It's a fun exercise, and I think I can do it. I don't always have much to say, but I'll think of something.

So last weekend we went to Idaho for the family reunion. It took us about four hours to get to the campground, which was easy to find. It was still light when we got there; I think that's the first time that's happened to us! MT did a good job setting up our tent. The ground was really wet, but it was clear. We found out that it had poured about an hour before we got there, so it was probably good that we got there when we did. I would have been totally bummed out if it was raining.

Our tent has two "rooms", so T and I slept together on the bigger air mattress. MT slept in the other room. He likes to have some drinks with his cousins on Friday night, but I am always too tired. Plus drinking makes me have to use the bathroom, and I don't want to traipse across the campground in the dark to the bathroom, you know?

Man, it was so cold on Friday night! The good news is that this year I was able to zip up the sleeping bag. The bad news is that the sleeping bag isn't really for outside use, so it's not really warm. T and I both had layers of clothes on. I was wearing my jeans, sweats, three shirts, my fleece jacket and three pairs of socks. I wish I'd had a hat and gloves. I finally warmed up and got some sleep. It wasn't bad, really, but we were cold to begin with. T's bag is super-nice so he was happy.

Saturday we just hung out in the nice warm sun. I finished a book and began another. I took a nap. I got a sunburn on my nose. T ran all around the campground with his cousins. He had a blast! MT chatted with his family and it was a nice day. The campground wasn't the nicest place we've stayed, but it was fine. There was a little creek or river running through it and there's a warm springs there. I didn't swim.

We got home Sunday afternoon. It was a nice weekend.

This weekend, the 4th of July weekend, we don't really have any big plans. MT may work on a project around the house and focus himself on getting a non-paying tenant (GRRR!) out of the rental. I actually have a pretty long list of things I'd like to do. We'll see how that goes.

Have a good night and a happy July!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, we must be on the same wavelength because last night I wrote that I would try to post every day in July, too!