Thursday, July 4, 2013

#965 celebrating the four day weekend






Happy Birthday America! You're 237 years old today. I think you look great :)

How have I been celebrating? By napping. I've taken two naps today. I think June kicked my ass. (June, the month, not a person!) The boys and I have been taking it easy today. MT and T both did a little yard work. I cleaned the fridge.

I'm not much of a celebrator on this day. I don't love fireworks. I don't mind watching the big shows, but I don't like that regular people can buy firecrackers. Now the aerial fireworks are legal here in Utah. People are shooting off fireworks nearly every night all month. You know we have a state holiday on the 24th, and fireworks are a big deal. Whatever. I mostly just stay inside. From my bedroom window, I can see a whole bunch of fireworks in the Magna area. I can also see the fireworks at Rocky Mountain Raceway from my back deck. I may sit out there for awhile.

MT has to work tomorrow, so T and I are going to see the movie The Heat. That's our plan. In the evening, the boys are heading to Idaho to spend the weekend at the cabin in Soda Springs. I'm not going because I don't enjoy going to the cabin and also because I have the follow up appointment with the eye doctor on Saturday afternoon. It's all good. I don't mind hanging out by myself. I'll probably watch the Wimbledon finals even though I don't know the people who are playing, for the most part.

I can hear the explosions of fireworks, so I think I'll grab a beer and head outside for awhile.

Hope you all had a good day!


No comments: