Tuesday, July 16, 2013

#976 the coolest Yankee

I'm no Yankee fan, but I do have a lot of respect and admiration for Mariano Rivera, the Yankee's closer and the holder of the all-time saves record in Major League Baseball.

Tonight, in the eighth inning of the All-Star game, Mo got the call. As he trotted onto the field from the dugout, everyone in the ballpark was standing up. All of the other ballplayers stayed by their dugouts and stood and applauded as Mo made his way to the pitcher's mound, the only person on the field. It was such an emotional, electric moment. What a tremendous show of respect. It was awesome.

Then, when Mo looked up and took off his cap, his eyes were glistening and I just lost it. I just love love love stuff like that!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do, too. I didn't even see, but just hearing J describe it made me well up! Why does that stuff get to us so much!